Funding possibilities for Practice semesters and B.Sc. and M.Sc. thesises
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers two funding programs through the Erasmus programs via the ZIB Med (Zentrum für International Beziehungen der Medizinischen Fakultät, Center for International Relationships of the Medical Faculty) and the Akademische Auslandsamt (PROMOS Stipendien). These are:
- Student Mobility for Studies (SMS)
- Student Mobility for Placement/Traineeship (SMP)
Note: The SMS program’s application period is 1.5 years before the actual exchange and is bound to the University of Cologne’s partner universities.
A stipend for international internship exchanges is only possible if the stay extends 60 days.
- For guidance and consulting, please contact Dipl.-Reg. Wiss. (LA) Clara Harms/Herrn Philipp Koll/Maximilian Niemczyk (ZIB Med)
- There is no application deadline.
- You must hand in an internship contract from the institution where you will be completing your internship.
- After handing in your contract and the correctly filled out application documents, the accepted student will receive 80% of the stipend. The maximal amount is 300 Euros per month, with the calculation based on the cost of living in the country of the internship.
- The remaining 20% of the stipend will be handed out after a completed internship report and an internship certificate (must be successful) are turned in.
A further alternative is the ZIB Med-Funding (approx. 150 Euros per month). This option is possible when all other stipends do not apply. However, this stipend can be used if your exchange is no longer than 60 days. For further information, please contact Ms. Deneva from ZIB Med.
Further information to all three Stipends can be found here.
Theses (B.Sc./M.Sc.) can only be financed via the PROMOS Stipend. This application procedure is organized directly through the International Office of the University of Cologne. Please contact Mr. Kirste for consulting and questions. Information and deadlines can be found here: http://international.uni-koeln.de/8973.html
Every student is entitled to receive up to 12 months of funding. This includes bachelor and master as well as Ph.D. students
The SMP program also applies for master students.